at the base of this really huge mountain called...

home buying. I thought this was supposed to be a fun and exciting process? We have had so much difficulty with hoops and fees and contracts and inspections and problems and walk-throughs and, "will this hold its value?" "Do we want to have these neighbors?" "Is this the area we want to live in?" "Can we find a lot to build on instead?" And 500 other questions.

As I'm writing this, I'm convicted in remembering that we are very blessed to be in a position to buy right now. We are tired of spending money on apartment rent and really ache to invest in something more permanent. However, we know that God is good, and in the fullness of time, this too will work out for us if we trust him. I just never knew that this process was so tedious. I am very much looking forward to reading this blog in front of my fireplace in my new home sometime, somewhere, remembering how much of a wall we felt that we were hitting, and being able to look back on where God brought us perfectly into our new home in His timing. For now, we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Blogging tips