Valuing simplicity.

It really hit home this weekend how thankful I am for a simple life. A life where I can wake up in my sweats, make coffee and breakfast with my husband, read books and just enjoy eachother's company for a good day. Our fancy date nights are going to Red Robin on Fridays. We watch TV on our old box TV with rabbit ears, my husband shops at Goodwill and loves it, and our friends are authentic, genuine and sincere people. We have potluck weddings, hand-make our own invitations and fly economy class. Some people would cringe and think about how little we have and how boring our lives must seem, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

And yes, we're just teachers. We absolutely love it and are proud of what we do. We will never be wealthy by the world's standards, but to us, we are incredibly rich in blessings. And for that we are so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Blogging tips