Soul food.

I love this website and recipe. I make this at least once a week and it never fails me. Tonight, I needed it. I needed some good old fashioned comfort food after a tough day, and I was very excited to turn on jazz music and pour a glass of red wine while I cooked. This dish is definitely for one of "those" days-- where all you want is some soul food, but not a lot of mess and work. I literally throw everything in a pot and let it cook for 20 minutes, with a couple of modifications:

*I use macaroni noodles instead of lasagne and cook them in a pot to soften for 10 minutes, then place them in the skillet. 
*I let mozzerella cheese melt on top of the dish when there is 15 minutes left
*I do not use ricotta cheese, as we don't really like it very much. The food still turns out amazing without it, though I imagine that if you do like ricotta, you will love it even more.

http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2009/07/simple-and-meaty-skillet-lasagna.html

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Blogging tips