purpose.

As you all know, losing my job this year was such a difficult transition, but one I was aware had some bigger purpose to it. I wasn't sure what that looked like, but knowing how God has worked in my life in the past, I knew I had to trust Him completely on this one.

I was very blessed to have received several interviews for positions during this month of June, but nothing really felt "right." I was caught between waiting for my previous district to open positions later in the summer, or accepting a job that was posted earlier and risk leaving the district altogether. I knew that I wanted to follow God's plan for my life, and was really open to anything where I felt his peace and confirmation.

Before an interview in another district that I was particularly looking forward to this week (without getting my hopes up too much), I prayed that God would just give me wisdom either way, and I'd move forward where he wanted. I went into the interview so at ease and so impressed with the staff and administration, and really knew that it was where I wanted to be. I felt so fortunate to have even been in that interview chair, because it was a place I could really see myself becoming invested in.

I prayed the next morning, feeling so confident in the promise of God's Word in that He "works all things for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose." I tried not to think about whether/when I would get "the call," but sure enough, every time the phone rang I jumped up to check caller ID. (Sorry dad, but I was definitely a little disappointed to see your name on there a couple of times...)

When I least expected it (shopping with my 2 year old niece at H & M!), I received the call that I was being offered a 7th grade Language Arts / Social Studies position-- my dream grade/subject combination. And not only that, but it was at a school I am so excited to be a part of annnnnd it's not a temporary job! Hooray!

Just like in previous postings, all I could base my hope on this year was that God was faithful, He only does good, and that through losing my job, He must be taking me from good to great even though I didn't know at the time what that was going to look like.

I am so humbled, daily, by how God is so faithful in even the smallest details. I am blessed to be His daughter, and so looking forward to this next journey that T and I get to go on together (in schools and jobs that we love!). 

...God's purpose for me is always better than what I think I know for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Blogging tips