Accomplishment.

Today we drew this date card:


Married ladies: Please tell me I am not the only one who has taken over a year to put together our wedding photo albums?... At any rate, I did. I enthusiastically made a Walgreens visit last year and printed out every picture from our wedding & honeymoon right when we got home... and they've sat untouched on a bookshelf for 12 months. My summer project was to at least put them in an album (we've done a couple of Shutterfly ones, as I'm not much of a scrapper... sorry Lex!), so that card went into the jar last week. Alas, to of course balance out our road trip fun yesterday, a chore was inevitably drawn today. 



It was actually a lot of fun to look through all of those pictures and remember all of the sweet experiences we had during our honeymoon. Our wedding pictures are displayed around our house, but we haven't taken the time to look through our trip to Paris, Spain, and..... Colorado last year. :) (For those of you who don't know, the day after we got home from our honeymoon to Europe, we had to hop in a car and drive 22 hours to Colorado for a friend's wedding... made it with 3 hours to spare!). I remember us trying to get to know eachother all over again while traveling... that kind of pace really shows you another side of a person-- especially your new spouse! :) But it was a blast, and I'm really glad I invested the hour today to put together those books. If you come over for a visit, we now have lots of completed photo albums for you to peruse through!




It was noon by the time I finished the photo albums, so my sweet husband posed another needing-to-be-accomplished-this-summer idea to me: teaching me how to drive a stick shift. I'm embarrassed to say that I had no clue at all how to drive a stick shift, what a clutch was and what it does, and quite frankly, didn't ever plan on knowing or caring. I have been perfectly content in my little automatic Civic, but T has been wanting to teach me for at least a year. So, off we went to "practice the basics" in an unused parking lot.



After I learned the basics, I graduated to the open road. T and I drove out to beautiful Highway 47 wine & farm country, and I successfully shifted my way from 1st to 5th and cruised at a nice speed without upsetting too many cars behind me. 



With an open top, scenic views, farms and wheat fields to our right and left, we enjoyed a nice little country tour in the Beemer... until I killed the engine on an uphill stop sign and almost rolled into cars behind us. Oops. 

To celebrate our newfound productivity and my ability to drive a stick shift in case of emergency, we got our favorite dessert at the Cheesecake Factory (ironically, strawberry shortcake), and celebrated to a good day. 



 T loves the good stuff.


We're spending the rest of the night with a glass of wine, a terribly cheesy Lionsgate classic (a tribute to N. Love), and some Trader Joe's fettuccine alfredo. Happy Friday. :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Blogging tips