Five things Friday

Each Friday (in addition to possible other blog posts), will feature a list of 5 things. 

These things aren't necessarily going to have any rhyme or reason for why they are being featured for the week, other than that a) they're related to eachother and b) in a particular category that requires a list. I think about "top 5 things" a lot in my life, so I felt it's only fitting to highlight them during a time when I can. Thus, that's where Five Things Friday has emerged from. Each week will feature a different "Five Things" category, so check back often!

Welcome to the first Five Things Friday post!


Five Things It's Worth it to Pay More For in Life:

1. Toilet Paper. There is nothing worse than one-ply, cheap TP. Triple-soft is just wonderful. 

2.  Getting your hair colored. I am not going to disclose the name or the location of the person responsible for my last disaster hair coloring, but that was the one and only time I will ever ask for the most affordable person in the shop again. I learned my lesson! Sometime it just pays to use the best. 

3. A good pair of leather boots. My best shoe purchase of 2010 was a pair of brown Corso Como boots from Nordstrom that I literally wore/wear almost every day. And have they faded or bend or worn down? No. They still look perfectly beautiful and buttery, despite the 360 days of Oregon rain. They're comfortable, and most importantly, they hold up. I have invested in one too many pairs of cheap shoes that end up costing more money in the long run, than if I had invested in a more high-quality pair of shoes to begin with. If you have a pair of boots that cost $300 or more (no matter where you got them-- garage sale, Goodwill, Nordys), I guarantee they will last you 20 years.

4. Sheets. Enough said. 

5. Farmer's market produce. Living in Oregon, I have to say we are so so so fortunate during the summer months to have an abundance of fresh produce at local farmer's markets. The quality and flavor of these food items doesn't even hold a candle to what's found in the grocery stores! Obviously from November - April we're dependent on other countries due to our poor weather, but when we can eat just-off-the-vine cucumbers or hand-picked blueberries... there's just nothing like it. :)


So what do you think? What are some of your favorite must-splurge-on, everyday items? Do share!


-Happy Friday!-
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. leather boots, i love it! also, thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. i am truly lucky to have a follower like you :) xx S

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Blogging tips