5 Things... Weekend Style

I seem to be full of excuses these days. I'm getting used to my morning routine, getting used to the delays my commute seems to bringing, getting used to riding behind farm trucks / school buses / scenic views and how late I've been going to bed in order to finish grading and spend a little time with my husband. Last night I went to bed at 8pm because I was absolutely spent after a long week of morning meetings and two late-night, Back-to-School nights with parents. Totally worth it, but totally tired after a long week. 

Anyway, all this to say that my Five Things Friday routine keeps getting interrupted by my forgetfulness and my fatigue. That will change! :)

--------------------

This week's Five Things Friday is the fall-edition. Fall, aka my favorite season of the year by a million miles, begins in Wednesday. Of course Oregon's can't-make-up-its-mind weather predicts a high of 82 degrees so I won't be wearing my sweater and boots, but I am totally pumped about the smells of spices, burning leaves, crisp morning air, football games and lots and lots of baking. For the next four months we're going to be in festivity-mode with birthdays, holidays, game days and many times with family. Therefore, the below list is five things I'm very much looking forward to about the fall:

1. Baking a plethora of anything pumpkin related. 
Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin bread... mmmmmmm.... a little coffee and a rainy afternoon, anyone?

2. Football season
Youth football games, OSU games, Civil War... love football Saturdays like nobody's business!

3. Downtown staycations
We like to take at least one staycation during the holiday season in Portland and see the leaves changing color, go shopping, find a cozy coffee shop and eat breakfast someplace new. 

4. Pumpkin patches
I will absolutely never be too old to go to the pumpkin patch! Caramel apples, hot cider, stalks of corn, hay rides and picking out the absolute perfect pumpkin. You know what I'm talking about!

5. Trick-or-Treaters
On Halloween, it's been a family tradition for over 27 years now to watch "The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" while we eat candy, answer the door for kids and bake. T and I try to go to someone's house who will have trick-or-treaters, because we don't get any at our apartment. :( The past couple of years we've had to eat the candy ourselves (not that there's anything wrong with that!).... ;)         

Happy fall everyone!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Blogging tips