A little window...

in the spirit of transparency, included below is a list of 15 things you probably didn't know about me. My students connected with each other over their list of "things," earlier this school year,  so I thought I might give it a try and find out what I have in common with all of you. In any case, you've just gotten to know me a little bit better. 

---------------------------------------

1. I've played the piano since I was five. My mom was my piano teacher and had several recitals in our home with all of her other piano students. I somehow thought that I was the best since I was her daugher, and assumed that at every recital, since I was her daughter, I would receive an award for "most improved," or "most challenging piece," or "smoothest finger work," (she handed out awards each time).  Icouldn't quite understand how, just because I was the piano teacher's daughter, it didn't automatically mean that I won...

2. I drink coffee every morning. The bolder the better. My mornings revolve around my first cup of coffee and how strong it is, then the rest of my routine and planning can fall into place. If that means I have to stop by Starbucks because we just couldn't get it right at home, I might be inclined to do so... 

3. I had spinal rod infusion surgery when I was 16 to treat severe scoliosis. As a result, taken off my list of "must-dos" is skydiving, bungee jumping and hang gliding. I have two rods that line my spinal column and a nice scar down my back, but aside from that I hardly notice it. Very thankful to have gained the two extra inches in height that I did. ;) 

4. My FAVORITE dish to make at home for dinner is our own version of Chipotle's burrito bowls. We cook up some rice, black beans, grilled chicken, lime (when we have it), salsa, lettuce and cilantro (when we have it), cheese and crumbled chips on top. It's hearty, filled with protein, and the perfect thing on a cold evening. That and it takes all of about 20 minutes to prepare!

5. My favorite breakfast spot is Tasty n' Sons in Portland. They have these amazing breakfasts that come out in cast iron skillets, and the one I love the most is Potatoes Bravas. LOVE. 

6. Reading magazines is one of my guilty pleasures. Real Simple, Sunset, Better Homes & Garden, National Geographic... At our recent magazine sale at school, I signed up for 7 new subscriptions. Oops... 

7. The idea of a perfect evening for me is a book, a blanket, a glass of wine, my husband, homemade chicken noodle soup and pumpkin chocolate chip bread.  That's pretty much my night tonight, minus the book. 5 out of 6 isn't bad... :)

8. Photography is one of my favorite communication devices. Pictures say so many things, and a spontaneous, well-crafted shot is one of the most priceless things you can own. A picture that captures the essence of something else in  4 x 6 frame... love it. 

9. One of my most favorite splurges is going on staycations with my husband. Pricelining a hotel in Portland, packing an overnight bag, hiding out for dinner somewhere and sleeping in high thread-count sheets with breakfast in bed. A necessary luxury on occasion. ;)

10. I've never met or even seen anyone "famous." Literally. The most famous person I've seen has been a KATU news anchor that I served coffee to while working at Starbucks. :) Does that count? 

11. A tradition that my mom started in our family was to stay downtown one night during the holidays, go out to dinner, and go Christmas shopping all day long while drinking peppermint mochas. That is a tradition that T and I have definitely kept up and intend to do so for as long as we possibly can! 

12. I have to drink coffee out of mugs specific to their season. You will NOT catch me drinking from a Halloween mug during the month of February!!!

13. I own like 15 pairs of pajama bottoms with the same theme as fact #12...

14. I'm a mac girl through and through. No turning back. 

15. One of my most favorite movies of all time is Life is Beautiful. I somehow always hope that the ending has changed before I watch it, but I get absolutely lost in its hopefulness and commitment. 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Blogging tips