The "What ifs?"

I am typically a gut-instinct type of girl, who errs on the side of caution. Can those two oxymonors co-exist together? I like to consider myself the type who makes deliberately planned out decisions and calculated risks. I err on the side of prudence and plan my path before I walk. I am always open to right turns and left turns if God wants me there, but I like to think that I at least have my bases lined up and safe from potential dangers. 

That being said, I probably can't live my life like this 100% of the time, right? I am constantly trying to say the right thing, do the right thing, think the right thing, and plan the right way in order for it to go well with me and my household. I would make the best insurance analyst. Just sayin. (But don't call me State Farm!)

----------

Anyway, I'm not good at making big decisions. I feel like I need some advice here. I have made a couple of pretty big decisions in my life that ended up being the right ones, but I also feel like the Wall Street crash and struggling economy have caused me to live in fear of "bad decisions." I protect my job with the jaws of life, and deliberate over our investments with a magnifying glass because I don't want to be a victim of what happened in 2008 at any point in my life. 
We are totally excited about our new home, but I feel like there are always the "what ifs." The "what ifs" drive me absolutely batty. They are terrible and I have to never, ever, ever think about them or they rule me. I am the queen of preparing in advance for the what ifs, and it's probably just totally wrong. I hate the "what ifs." Insurance companies love me for that. 

Instead of planning ahead for all of the great things our home is going to provide us, I am being plagued by the "what ifs" syndrome. What if our house doesn't re-sell? What if we get a leak in the roof? What if the finished home isn't what we planned on it looking like? What if we get in over our heads? The "what ifs" stink big time, and they always get a hold on me. 

I would love to see how some of you handled big decisions blended with "what ifs." "What ifs"   can range from small things to huge things. How did you know you were making the right decision? Do gut instincts really work? Help me guys... I am a recovering over-analyzer who just needs a healthy dose of throwing caution to the wind. :) 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Blogging tips