A life not forgotten.

I'd like to say that time makes things easier, but when you had a mom like my mom, time doesn't really change anything.

I still miss her the same. I still think about her the same. I still model my life after her the same. With every milestone I have I still wish she were here to share it with me.

For those that knew my mom, she was a lover of a few things: Her relationship with God, her family, Christmas, the Peanuts, songwriting & playing the piano, Juice Plus, our cabin at Mount Hood, our pets Daisy & Sabrina (and our other cat, Lady), cinnamon rolls & coffee in the morning, the first snow of the year, going on motor home trips, big fireplaces, Timberline Lodge, hosting parties, sitting on the back deck with a BBQ in the summer time, going to Residence Inn to beat the heat when we didn't have air conditioning, house box, studying her Bible, teriyaki chicken at Edo (which is now Sarku), champagne, Mrs. Scarston cookies, homemade crescent rolls, and many, many more. 

If she were here right now we'd probably have PF Chang's take-out (hot & pepper prawns and chicken with black bean sauce), pop open a bottle of Korbel and hang out in our sweats. Those are the times that I miss. 

Happy birthday, mom. We will always love you. 

























Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Blogging tips