1991


Guys, I grew UP on this album. 




I'm a product of the 80s... what can I say. My mom and I would drive around delivering AVON books in Burntwood in her 1990 white Taurus and we'd listen to this cassette tape on repeat. (Side B was my fav.) 

I secretly used to wish my name was Tiffany or Michelle (and then I met one of my best friends who was actually named Tiffany Michelle... so jealous), and would dream about the day that Doogie Howser would kiss me and I would bounce around with "How Will I Know" by Whitney Houston playing in the background as I winked back at the camera and twirled my hair. (I was going to be a famous actress when I got older and naturally imagined that everyone would think I was so cool and want to watch all of the movies I'd star in.) All the boys in the neighborhood would want to be my boyfriend, and I'd laugh sympathetically as I walked hand in hand with Doogie into the sunset (side ponytail, hot pink shorts, high tops and all). 

I'd rehearsed this rise-to-fame scene in my head hundreds of times and even choreographed my own music videos to all of Whitney's songs with the latest hot moves. I was destined for stardom, and my handsome doctor boyfriend and I were inevitably going to become the most famous people in the world.

I rocked this awesome outfit which was my favorite to create dance routines in (thank you JcPenney):



Anytime I wanted to feel totally confident, I'd put on this little number and turn up my jams. Unfortunately, said music videos got lost somewhere over time or else you know they'd be right up there with Rebecca Black & Charlie Bit My Finger in terms of YouTube popularity... what a shame. 

I was going to post on something entirely different tonight, but felt that a throwback to the best era of Whitney Houston's time was necessary. I was honestly SO sad when I heard that she had passed away today. My sister, Beau & Lacie and T and I have already had a Whitney dance party tonight because let's face it: she made some amazing music during her life.
  • "I Will Always Love You"
  • "I Believe in You and Me"
  • "How Will I Know"
  • and of course, one of my all time favs: "I Wanna Dance With Somebody."

So sit back and enjoy the best that Whitney brought to the 80s... girl, you rocked it. You will be missed.

"I Wanna Dance With Somebody"


"How Will I Know"


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Blogging tips