Facebook hibernation

In the next few days, I am going to be {slowly but surely} phasing off of Facebook.

I'm not sure whether it's going to be permanent or seasonal; all I know is that it's time for a break. I'm not going to be deactivating or removing my profile... just simply won't be logging on for awhile.



I want 2012 to be a year of relational change:

1. Calling friends instead of Facebook messaging them or writing on their wall

2. Printing pictures to put in tangible albums instead of posting photos on Facebook

3. Handing out business cards and having my photography spread by word-of-mouth instead of status updates

4. Having coffee with a friend to catch up on major life events instead of Facebook stalking. I don't want to hear of peoples' engagements over Facebook anymore for the first time-- I want to hear in person.

5. Writing is still my favorite and this blog will definitely be the major way to keep in touch with what's going on with us Loves. Travels, life changes, food, fashion... it will all be happening here. :)

6. Mailing at least one handwritten letter every two weeks. I want to be like my mom twenty years ago, who had an address book full of addresses and a desk full of stamps and envelopes (always used). 


_________________________________

So, my dear friends, if you'd like to keep in touch please send me your email addresses and home addresses if you don't mind at meganlove17@gmail.com. If you're a Facebook friend with me it's for a reason because I am particular about who I accept. :) Therefore, consider this your personal invitation to keep in touch outside of Facebook!

(you can also subscribe to this blog so you'll be notified of when posts are updated: www.love-lylife.blogspot.com)


Looking forward to graduating from facebook friend to face-to-face friend. :)

xo
Photobucket

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Blogging tips