Leap List

Oh my gosh.

I don't have one. 

Oh my. Oh my. Oh my. What does this mean for me?????

Leap Lists are all the rage these days (thank you Honda CR-Vs?) and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them... however, I had a minor freak-out-grown-up moment about thirty minutes ago when I was like... you know what? I'm good. 

___________________________

I'm ready. 
___________________________


My Leap List wouldn't be for marriage, but the next phase would be for starting a family. Do I have a list of things I want to accomplish before starting a family?

Last year, heck yes. This year.........................

ohmygoodness. No. 

I am being totally transparent right now in this because I've always felt a little awkward about my role as a potential parent. I've thought of myself as the cool aunt or the great babysitter... not as mom. 

I feel like I haven't been ready to let go of just being a daughter yet because I feel like I had to grow up too quick losing my own mom at such a young age. I felt like I was still waiting at certain times of my recent twenties for my mom to come back and magically help me navigate through life.

However, I feel like recently that as much as I miss my mom each and every day, I think I'm going to be okay being a mom without her. I have no stinking clue how to raise a baby on my own, but I have so many amazing women in my life (that could be receiving phone calls at 4am!), that I might just be able to figure it out myself, one day at a time. 

_______________________________

You have to understand: I've always had a leap list. I've always had a list of things I wanted accomplished before I got a job/ got married/had a baby/etc. etc. etc. 

It's kind of a weird epiphany that for the first time I can remember, I don't have one. 

Our newlywed accomplishments in the past year and a half of marriage:

  • Travels:
    • France
    • Spain
    • Colorado
    • Canada
    • Mexico (x2 in March)
    • New York
    • NW Staycations
    • Bend
    • Disneyland/LA
    • Costa Rica
    • Florida
 
  • Big life changes:
    • Bought a house
    • Jobs that we LOVE
    • Lots of fun, spontaneous weekends
    • Continually getting to know eachother as husband and wife and laying the future-family-foundation

Pure Craziness.
______________________________________________________________
Listen y'all. There is no baby yet. :) I have absolutely zero clue when God is going to bless us with that next installment of the Love-ly Life. I'm just saying-- I just now watched a Honda CR-V "Leap List" commercial and had a major epiphany moment that I had to write down and share. This is such a weird feeling... a big step for me. :)

There are about 500 other things I would LOVE to do in the upcoming years... but I don't need to wait on the next chapter of life to accomplish. These things can be a part of my next chapter of life if need be.

  • Go back to Europe on a monthlong trip
  • Visit Australia / New Zealand
  • Drive on a USA cross country road trip
  • Travel to Hawaii 
  • Write a novel
  • Vacation in wine country in California
  • Landscape my backyard / plant a garden
  • Adopt a puppy

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Blogging tips