What Love is..

Love is:


 Fresh coffee in the mornings before I wake up....





Emptying the dishwasher when he gets home from work ...





 Letting me decorate our home with things from Pottery Barn even though he thinks it's too girly and over-priced...





 Stopping by the store and bringing home organic half and half, even though he would much rather prefer to get next-day-old discounted stuff from Grocery Outlet...






 Faithfully bringing water to my bedside each night without me asking for it...


  


Making a fool out of himself dancing with a three and five year old, because that's what cool uncles do...






 Spending time with our five year old nephew and giving up the iPad for the night...





 Waking up to this sweet message on Valentine's Day...





...and then finding these in my classroom





I find that when I look for it; see it represented in the simple things, love is everywhere. I love Valentine's Day and I always will, but that's a day for the grandiose gestures. 364 other days of the year, love surrounds me in thoughtfulness, in kindness, in commitment, in patience, in laughter, in trust, in affection and in perseverance. 

Needless to say, I am a very blessed woman.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Blogging tips